How to Apply
This page connects you to everything you’ll need to apply to college. It is easy once you start the process and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.
Are you an International student? Apply directly to one of our programs!
Domestic students: you can apply now or at any time, but there are deadlines. It’s easier to start the process now and make changes later than to wait too long. This video will lay it all out for you.
Ok, now that you are ready to apply:
1. Go to OntarioColleges.ca and create an account.
2. Fill out your application: you can choose 5 programs (maximum 3 per college).
3. Submit your application with your fee to OntarioColleges.ca before February 1.
4. You can still apply after February 1, but applications are considered on a first come, first served basis.
That’s (almost) it!
*Important Note: A high school transcript must be submitted to Ontario Colleges when applying. Most high schools will send a copy of the transcript on the student's behalf but applicants out of high school must submit one themselves.
What happens next:
5. After you apply to Fanshawe, you’ll receive a WebAdvisor account.
6. Use your WebAdvisor account to check your application’s status and find what else you’ll need to know.
7. We start sending offers through WebAdvisor and email in February and March.
8. If you’re offered admission before the end of March you need to confirm your program choice by May 1. If you’re offered admission after that date, you need to accept it within 10 days of the date of the offer of admission letter. If you respond after the deadline you can lose your spot.
9. All fees are payable by the fee deadline date noted on your fee invoice. Fees not paid by the due date may result in a risk of losing a place in the program. Visit the How to Apply page for important dates, including fee payment deadlines.
Don’t worry, if you’re just starting for the first time, focus on finding your program and starting the process, and the rest will become easy.
Applicants with documented disabilities
Accommodation in completing the application process will be provided on request. Please contact the Disabilities Services Office.