College Policy Manual Changes
The following policy amendments have been made on the approval of the President, on the recommendation of Senior Leadership Council or College Council:
1-G-08 Terms of Reference of College Council
Amended (April 20, 2011, CC-10-06)
This policy was due for its quadrennial review. Other than cosmetic, changes are as follows:
- number of support staff positions changed from four to three due to the amalgamation of CE and Regional Campuses (4.1.1)
- adjusted to more clearly address p/t staff representation to define vacancy (4.1.8)
- expanded to include a sentence to encourage members to report back to the areas they represent (4.6.4)
- revised to define the role of visitors (5.1.1)
- revised to explain Council’s role in electing representatives to the President’s Distinguished Achievement Awards Standing Subcommittee (5.5.3)
- time limit added for the duration of working groups (5.8.1)
1-G-19 Terms of Reference of the College Student Union Committee
Amended (March 11, 2011, College Student Union Committee)
Minor changes applied including updated titles, addition of the Director of Student Success and an additional representative from the Student Union and some clarification of meaning and/or content.
1-H-09 Investment Activities
Amended (May 25, 2011, SLC-10-19)
The only amendment is a new statement that addresses the committees desire to increase benchmark monitoring found in section 7 of the policy Appendix.
2-B-01 Full Time Post-Secondary Academic Calendar
Amended (May 18, 2011, CC-10-07)
The approved amendments to the Full Time Post-Secondary Academic Calendar policy include: inclusion of a Saturday exam day, to provide the opportunity to develop an alternate exam schedule for each Fall intake (contingency date – in case of bad weather closure); terminology updates and inclusion of definitions for key terms; addition of language to define ‘study week’; removal of alignment of study week with the apprenticeship programs. In addition, clarity regarding the process/procedure to seek an exception to the approved academic calendar.
The College Policy Manual is available on the Employee Portal. If you have trouble opening any of the files please contact Jackie Gray, 519-452-4430 ext. 4406.