Fanshawe College's 2009 United Way Campaign in Full Swing!
We are now about halfway through our 2009 United Way Campaign and are pleased to report that our special events have been a resounding success! Our Campaign started on October 27 with a chili cook-off competition. Since then, through the hard work of many volunteers, many other events have taken place. To date our special events have raised more than $5,500. We would like to thank those of you who have donated your time, energy and creativity to support the less fortunate in our communities.
By now you will have received your campaign pledge forms. We ask that you return your sealed envelope to your canvasser whether or not you choose to donate. To save money, the unused forms are reused. Information about the United Way and the campaign video can be found at http://www.uwlondon.on.ca/.
Raffle Tickets, Raffle Tickets, Raffle Tickets!
Tickets are still available for the following prizes:
- Dinner for four at Saffron's with four hours limousine service;
- Toshiba DVD player;
- Fanshawe College President-for-a-day;
- Fanshawe Student Union President-for-a-day;
- Hockey excursion to see the London Knights play the Kingston Frontenacs in Kingston. The prize package includes four tickets and two overnight guest rooms at the Four Points Sheraton;
- Beautiful jewellery donated by Susan Coyne;
- 'Steven and Chris' crystal candle set with candles. Steven Sabados is a Fanshawe College Fine Art graduate!;
- Handmade crocheted throw made and donated by Barbara James in Retail Services;
- Poinsettia donated by the Spriet Family Greenhouse;
- Many cookbooks, wine books and more!
Some of the great raffle items on display in the Bookstore, London Campus.
It's not too late! Tickets are $2 each, three for $5 or $10 for ten and are available in F1002 (The Bookstore, London Campus). The draw will take place December 10, 2009.
Upcoming book sale!
Mark your calendar for Tuesday, December 8! We will be holding another book fair in 'F' hallway from 8:00 a.m. to 4 :00 p.m.!
Gift Basket Raffle!
The School of Design and School of Contemporary Media have prepared a gift basket in support of the United Way Campaign. Tickets are one for $5 or three for $10. The winner of this great prize will receive: six delectable Pelee Island wines (Cabernet Franc, Pelee Pink, Baco Noir, Riesling Dry, Late Harvest Vidal, Merlot), olive tray, two beautiful Japanese Temari Thread Balls, collector snowman bottle filled with gingerbread mix, Starbucks coffee mug, Starbucks Christmas blend coffee beans, and Kenya Bold coffee beans, holiday cookie cutters, plastic holiday stirrers, cocktail forks, wine glass charms and twixit clips! The basket will be on display in M3010 until Wednesday, December 9 at 3:00 p.m. For further information, please contact Kim Ismail at 519-452-4430 ext. 4227.
Do you have an event or raffle taking place in your office you would like posted to MyFanshawe? If so, let us know, we would like to promote it to the College community! Email the details to Karrie Burke or call 519-452-4430 ext.4493.
Thank you for your support!
Your 2009 United Way Committee