(London, Ontario) It’s celebration time again at Fanshawe College. From Tuesday, June 14 to Tuesday, June 21, the College will open its doors to over 4,700 new graduates and their families during the annual spring convocation season. Fanshawe’s London Campus will host 11 convocation ceremonies this year, where graduates will receive their applied degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
The ceremonies will be held in J-Gymnasiums 1 and 2.
As part of the 10 a.m. ceremony on Thursday June 16, Fanshawe will be proud to present an Honory Diploma to Michelle Palmer, Executive Director of Community Living London.
“Spring convocation is always a wonderful time at Fanshawe,” said Fanshawe College President Howard Rundle. “It is a privilege to join our new graduates and the people closest to them as they enjoy this special day. We look forward to celebrating their accomplishments with them.”
This year, five students will receive the Fanshawe College Distinguished Student Award. Matan Keselman (Music Industry Arts), Andrew Malcolm (Architectural Technology), Breton Eby (Practical Nursing), Stasia Landers (Recreation and Leisure Services), and Chelsea Gould (Business Human Resources) have earned the award based on their academic performance and contributions to College life. Other award winners include: Harry Rawson Award for communication skills and volunteer contributions – Lori Matthews (Architectural Technology) R.C. Hamilton Award for leadership and contribution to the College –Sandra Baleka (Social Service Worker) President’s Prize for academic achievement and contribution to campus life – Franz Neufeld (Graphic Design) Mary Ann Darling Memorial Alumni Award for volunteer work at Fanshawe – Michael Lodder (Business Human Resources) As always, Fanshawe has invited community and business leaders to speak at each convocation ceremony. This year’s speakers include:
- Mr. Andrew Crosbie, Founder and Executive Producer, Sparks Productions (June 14 at 10 a.m.)
- Mr. Richard Costley-White, President and CEO, Blackburn Radio (June 14 at 2 p.m.)
- Mr. Vinay Sharma, Chief Executive Officer, London Hydro (June 15 at 10 a.m.)
- Ms. Bonnie Adamson, President and CEO, London Health Sciences Centre (June 15 at 2 p.m.)
- Ms. Michelle Palmer, Executive Director, Community Living London (also Honorary Diploma recipient, June 16 at 10 a.m.)
- Mr. Ross Fair, Executive Director, Community Services, City of London (June 16 at 2 p.m.)
- Ms. Theresa Carriere, Founder, ONERUN (June 17 at 10 a.m.)
- Ms. Sandra Drozd, Partner, Lerners LLP (June 17 at 2 p.m.)
- Mr. Brian Young, President and General Manager, 3M Canada (June 20 at 10 a.m.)
- Mr. Joe Fontana, Mayor, City of London (June 20 at 2 p.m.)
- Mr. Sheldon Aaron, President, Best Western Plus Lamplighter Inn and Conference Centre (June 21 at 10 a.m.)
“Our guest speakers are people who have achieved great personal and professional success,” President Rundle said. “They teach our graduates valuable lessons about what is possible if they work hard and keep their focus on service. We are always inspired and enriched by their stories.”