Centre for Sustainable Energy & Environments (CSEE)
Colleges delivering R&D solutions for small business, communities
The Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) today released two reports that showcase the impressive innovations and applied research outcomes that colleges are delivering in partnership with small and medium-sized enterprises and community partners. Smart Investments for Business, supported by the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) in collaboration with the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), highlights projects of the College and Community Innovation (CCI) program. This includes a story on cutting-edge research equipment acquired by Fanshawe College’s Centre for Sustainable Energy and Environments (CSEE) used to support projects in renewable energy, sustainability and advanced manufacturing. Fanshawe College is an active participant in industry-driven R&D throughout the London Region. Read the ACCC media release.
What is CSEE?
The Centre for Sustainable Energy & Environments (CSEE) is a virtual, applied research centre at Fanshawe College. CSEE brings together academics, entrepreneurial, technical and business expertise to help companies innovate in the fields of renewable energy, energy management technologies, integration, sustainable buildings/construction, alternative transportation and other green technologies. CSEE offers a broad range of project development and R&D services to business clients.
- Needs analysis and assessment, project development from concept to commercialization
- Identification of potential government research funding (if eligible)
- Proposals, project budget preparation, grant application assistance
- Prototyping, testing and validation
- Gateway to related business services, e.g., marketing research, business or communications plans
- Expertise (faculty/staff), access to facilities/equipment
- Student participation (via co-op, classroom-based projects or individual or group capstone projects)
CSEE is funded through a grant from the College and Community Innovation program, administered by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC).
For more information, contact:
Dr. John Makaran, P.Eng, Industrial Research Chair
Applied Research and Innovation, London Campus, Fanshawe College
P: (519) 452-4430, ext.4121 E: firstname.lastname@example.org